Community Outreach Team Assistant
- Provide support and assistance to the Community Outreach team.
- Assist the Community Outreach Director and provide administrative support as needed.
- Assist with the planning and execution for Advocacy University training (AU), Grad School, Orientations and Recruitment as needed. This includes: scheduling facilities, processing paperwork, meeting and greeting volunteers and speakers, set up and break down of sites and materials.
- Responsible for maintaining the volunteer data in Raisers Edge database – this includes entering, updating and correcting data for all potential volunteers, volunteers in training, and special project volunteers as needed. Provide queries and reports as needed. Assist with projects and/or departments related to Raisers Edge/Blackbaud, specifically: accuracy of data, background checks, volunteer and donor information.
- Process CAA (volunteer) background checks. Make sure paperwork is filled out correctly and in its entirety and manage process, tracking and filing of checks.
- Maintain and organize all files on volunteers attending AU including incomplete files.
- Assist Special Projects in varying tasks, as needed, in the planning and execution of projects and activities/events.
- Provide break/lunch coverage for the front desk a minimum of one day per week and additional coverage when needed.
- Additional duties, as needed, relative to the successful achievement of Child Advocates’ mission.
- Minimum 1 year administrative experience including file management, data entry, spreadsheet generation and maintenance.
- Experience communicating and interfacing with volunteers or experience in a customer service-related field providing information and assistance.
- Microsoft office proficiency with a strong preference for advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word applications, and Access (preferred). Raiser’s Edge experience a plus.
- Proven attention to detail, time management, prioritization, file management and organization skills.
- Ability to operate in a goal-oriented team environment. Be a team player, take pride in work and in success of the team.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a limited time and work independently with dedication and initiative.
- Bachelor’s degree required.