We are looking for a dynamic and experienced Volunteer Recruitment and Retention Manager to support and grow an active volunteer base of 880 highly inspired court appointed advocates. Our volunteers provide critical advocacy for child victims of life-threatening abuse, neglect or abandonment and are the core of our program and mission fulfillment. The Volunteer Recruitment and Retention Manager must have a strong understanding of and passion for the Child Advocates mission. We are looking for a person who can successfully increase recruitment of new volunteers by maintaining established outreach programs and creating effective new programs. The Volunteer and Recruitment Manager also contributes to optimal volunteer retention. The organization’s goal is to ensure that we achieve our annual and long-term volunteer recruitment and retention goals by supporting, educating and encouraging our volunteers as they fulfill their critical advocacy role and ensure we accomplish our mission. The position allows for innovation and collaboration, requires the discipline to work independently, and demands a dynamic team player who engages effectively with volunteers, staff and other stakeholders to develop and execute outreach and retention strategies. The successful candidate is an energetic, dedicated person committed to contributing positively to a fast-paced, mission-focused organization. You must be a multitasker with excellent organizational skills, and a dynamic presenter who can communicate effectively with diverse populations in professional and social settings.
This individual must have the following qualifications:
3 + years’ experience in the field of volunteer program management with demonstrated and measurable:
- Knowledge of volunteerism and volunteer recruitment and management practices.
- Experience analyzing and evaluating the effectiveness and impact of volunteer recruitment and retention (“VR&R”) efforts, as well as using data to define VR&R goals and create and implement strategies to achieve VR&R goals.
- Experience prospecting and developing new recruitment opportunities, including facilitating the initial contacts, creating collateral and presenting to diverse groups, and nurturing long-term relationships with organizations and individuals.
- Success as a dynamic and energetic presenter with ability to genuinely convey the organization’s mission and create a clear, significant connection between mission fulfillment and volunteer service.
- Experience assessing retention gaps and designing and implementing programs to improve retention.
- Experience working effectively with a diverse group of volunteers and staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communications, Business, Training, Non-Profit Management, Marketing, or related field
- Ability to present persuasively, effectively and convincingly to small and large groups.
- Ability to establish, foster and maintain positive and professional relationships with staff, volunteers, community partners and organization stake holders.
- Ability to generate and analyze statistical data and strategize based on findings.
- Ability to communicate effectively with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively and implement new ideas effectively.
- Ability to organize, manage, and complete multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate initiative and accomplish goals and responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a goal-oriented environment as a team player.
- Willingness to regularly work non-standard hours, including evenings and weekends.
Essential Job Functions:
Manage all aspects of Child Advocates volunteer recruitment efforts including but not limited to:
- Preparing and managing the annual recruitment and retention budget.
- Overseeing strategic efforts to establish and achieve annual recruitment goals including development of strategic plan, implementation of strategic initiatives and analyzation of programs.
- Managing the volunteer outreach and recruitment program, including scheduling and presenting at outreach and orientation sessions; developing and updating presentation materials and other collateral; identifying and training speakers; coordinating communication and marketing efforts.
- Prospecting new volunteer engagement opportunities and establishing new community partnerships towards achieving volunteer recruitment goals.
- Overseeing the Child Advocates' Ambassadors Program including, but not limited to, growing and managing program membership, coordinating speaker trainings and scheduling volunteers to participate in recruitment speaking engagements.
- Continuously assessing progress towards annual goals and targets and identifying and implementing necessary changes, including coordination and facilitation of additional outreach sessions, to ensure goals are achieved.
- Assisting Community Outreach Director in evaluating and documenting recruiting effectiveness against new and established benchmarks.
Manage Child Advocates volunteer retention efforts including but not limited to:
- Assisting Community Outreach Director in the evaluation of volunteer retention efforts to include identifying gaps in retention practices and designing programs targeted towards enhanced volunteer management and improved retention.
- Coordinating and facilitating training and development sessions around volunteer management and relationships with and for the program team members.
- Coordinating 'Volunteer of the Month' process including the nomination process, selection process, the award notification and presentation process.
Other general responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Completing Advocacy University (AU) training within 120 days of hire date; regularly observing AU training to ensure best practices around volunteer management are in place.
- Taking a case as a Court Appointed Advocate (“CAA”) within six months of completing AU or as soon as circumstantially possible.
- Building and maintaining relationships with other non-profit organizations to remain current and consistently improving outreach recruitment efforts.
- Presenting statistical information and updates to directors and/or board committees as requested
- Maintaining volunteer data and records in Raiser’s Edge Volunteer Module.
- Supporting other team and organizational projects as needed.