- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience, including budgeting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, financial statements and audit schedule preparation
- Previous nonprofit experience preferred
- Management/leadership experience including supervision of multiple work areas/teams
- Bachelors Degree in accounting or finance.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Proficiency in MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook. Advanced proficiency in Excel preferred
- Working knowledge of database systems and financial/accounting software
- Ability to direct work of staff and interface with internal and external customers on accounting and audit related matters
- Knowledge of GAAP, understanding of accounting processes and financial reporting
- Detail orientation with ability to keep a big picture focus
- Strategic thinking
- Experience organizing and working with volunteer committees and boards
Essential Responsibilities/Job Functions:
- Manage general ledger and financial records for organization, including preparation of statements and reports for Directors and various board committees.
- Manage annual audit, including functioning as liaison for board and coordinating preparation of documentation.
- Develop annual budget in cooperation with Board, Directors and staff.
- Responsible for all communication with government, grantors and agencies regarding financial portion of grants.
- Supervise Accounting, IT and Human Resources staff; Fulfill leadership role with responsibilities including, but not limited to: performance management, helping to establish and oversee individual and team goals, outline and support development for individual staff members.
- Manage day-to-day operations of 50+ person office.
- Maintain depreciation schedule of equipment and furniture.
- Manage day to day banking and investment needs of organization, including funds transfers, Line of Credit, and completing the monthly reconciliation of bank accounts and bank deposits.
- Serve as liaison to money managers for Child Advocates Endowment.
- Provide financial information, as necessary, to department heads and staff.
- Assist with special events as needed.
- Serve as liaison to volunteer-based Finance Committee and the Child Advocates Endowment Board of Trustees, scheduling and running monthly meetings in conjunction with the respective Chairs.
- Support the CEO in implementing the Strategic Plan strategically and tactically.
- Manage insurance contract negotiations, monitor and handle D&O, Liability, Workers' Compensation, Property and Casualty policies, claims, disputes, etc.
- Assist the CEO on Board-related projects.