- Two + years of related work experience: fundraising/development experience in Non-Profit environment preferred.
- Previous experience in successful special events coordination
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Database experience, prefer experience with Raiser’s Edge
- Proven organizational skills and project management skills
- Proven ability to work successfully with Board Committees
- Public speaking skills
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Proficient in MS Office; fundraising software experience a plus; Experience in Blackbaud, the Raiser's Edge, highly preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to work fluidly and effectively with team members, volunteers, committee members and board members effectively towards project and goal achievements
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally on an on-going basis with other departments to facilitate the growth and involvement of specific area in organizational activities
- Ability to effectively communicate with board members, donors, potential donors, volunteers, and fellow staff members.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the Friends of Child Advocates (Child Advocates guild), including but not limited to: working with the president; building relationships with the members; planning all Friends’ children’s events and participation, governance council meetings, socials, membership drives; prepare newsletter content for Focus on Friends.
- Work with and supports the Special Events Manager to coordinate special events, including but not limited to: in-house mailings, volunteer coordination, support the planning and facilitation of third party events, pre and post-event day(s) coordination, event day activities and support throughout event.
- Assist with coordination of correspondence including: invitations, mailing lists, underwriting, thank you letters, and organize post-event related materials (photographs, news clippings, programs, etc).
- Assist with scanning and organization of event materials and follow up to ensure payments are collected.
- Committee Meetings: coordinate, attend and present, when needed.
- Complete prospect research in support of, including but not limited to, event sponsors and grant prospects.
Other Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Actively promote Child Advocates, Inc. and work with Development team to help identify new donors, volunteers, and funding entities.
- Assist with meeting coordination including sending notices and preparing meeting agendas.
- Assist with aspects of annual campaign with support from Major Gifts Officer.