The Pull for Kids Classic, Child Advocates' largest annual fundraiser, will kick off with a daytime sporting clays tournament for both individual and corporate teams at the American Shooting Centers. The “shoot” will include great food, games and fun giveaways. You and your team are sure to have a wonderful time while benefiting Child Advocates. Then, the following evening, join us for our signature party with dinner, dancing and hundreds of live and silent auction items in a unique and casual atmosphere that remains a Houston favorite.
Thank you to our sponsors!
Cinda & Jeffrey Lack
Over & Under
SPORTING CLAYS TOURNAMENT
May 3 | American Shooting Centers
Whether you are an expert or out for one of your first sporting clays tournaments, this event is a great opportunity to enjoy the outdoors while benefiting a noble cause. This year we will have mulligans, shootings games, and a raffle, so don’t forget to bring a few extra dollars!
You must complete the attached waiver to participate in the tournament.
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes early to check in and hear the safety briefing. There is only one flight time at 1 PM. To expedite registration please have each person on your team fill out the Waiver & Release ahead of time.
- Expect 10 stations, 5 targets per station, for a total of 50 targets.
- Please provide your own shotgun, eye and ear protection.
- Shells (12 and 20 gauge) will be provided but bringing your own is greatly appreciated.
- Please arrive prepared for Houston weather (hat, sunscreen, etc.).
- Lunch will be available before and/or after the tournament, starting at 11:30am.
- Water and assorted beverages will be served throughout the day.
Games & Mulligans:
We will be offering a 2-man Flurry game and Pair-in-the-Air before and after the tournament. Games cost only $20 per person and will be the only method of “practicing” before your round.
Two mulligan tickets may be purchased per shooter. Each ticket is $25 and will provide a shooter with 5 extra targets to shoot at any station (it’s an add-to not a do over). Mulligans will be included in the final team and individual scores.
Other items to note:
- After shooting, ice-cold beverages will be available.
- Upon arrival, please designate one person to register your team.
- Be sure to take a team photo before, during or after your round.
- We will provide complimentary giveaways for each guest shooting.
- We are raffling off another incredible item this year, but details to come! Tickets will be on sale for 1 for $25 or 5 for $100 the day of the tournament.
- Winners from the day - for Individual and Team awards - will be announced at the awards ceremony at 4 PM.
May 4 | Bayou City Event Center
- The Evening Party will start at 7:00 PM and end at Midnight. Buffet service will begin around 7:35pm.
- Bayou City Event Center is located at 9401 Knight Road, Houston, TX 77045.
- There is free surface parking available.
- Wear your best festive attire to help celebrate our birthday! (For the men: sport coat or blazer with no tie, slacks. For the women: dress, skirt or pants with a dressy top)
- The Silent Auction and Big Board will open with the Evening Party at 7:00 PM. Be sure to visit the auction website as it gets closer to preview some of the items that will be available that evening.
- To expedite registration, please provide us with your guests’ cell phone numbers and emails when you turn in their names. We will be using the mobile bidding system BidPal again this year.
- The Live Auction will begin after the program and end as announced during the evening
- Live Auction Sneak Peek!
- 4 night stay in Ambergris Caye, Belize for up to 14 people, with airfare for two
- 4 night stay in Cordoba, Argentina for Dove Hunting for 4, with airfare for two
- 5 night stay at the Ritz Carlton Club Aspen for up to 6 people, with $1,000 United Gift Card (only available June 15th- June 20th)
- 7 night stay in 18th century colonial home in San Miguel de Allende for up to 6 people, with airfare for two
- Silent Auction bidding will close approximately 30 minutes after the end of the Live Auction
- Check out will begin at 11:00pm. If you have to leave prior to that please check our website the following day to see if you have won and schedule a time to pick up your items beginning Tuesday, May 7th.
- Visit the Whiskey Pull and Wine Pull areas and take your chance in the cellar to win some great whiskey or wine of different varieties! A $125 ticket gets you two bottles from the Pull of your choice. The bottle values start at $35 and will feature some rare bottles.
- For just $25 a person, you can enter our Heads or Tails Game where you could win a prize valued at over $500! This engaging game will take place right before the Live Auction kicks off.
- Live music performed by Satellite (an In10City band) will start immediately following the Live Auction.