Development / Marketing Intern - Coca Cola Summer Intern Program
The intern will be expected to assist the Development and Marketing teams in their day to day responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Research to help source and organize potential private and corporate foundations
- Special event related support activities such as working on invitations, gift entry into Blackbaud (donor database), and correspondence with sponsors such as reservations and acknowledgements
- Attending Marketing and/or Development committee and team meetings and learning about strategic fundraising efforts;
- And supporting the Development Assistant with project and donor database overall upkeep and management.
- The intern may also have the opportunity to help our Operations team on related accounting and finance projects and Human Resources needs.
- Learn about and assist the marketing team in any and all efforts to promote Child Advocates’ mission, brand and opportunities for involvement. These activities include, but are not limited to:
- Print, radio, television and multimedia advertising
- Public relations
- Brand / image management
- Website management
- Social media efforts
- Development and execution of applicable printed collaterals
- Candidate must demonstrate leadership and teamwork/external collaboration skills through experience with civic, academic and/or community organizations
- Candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills. PC literacy in MS Office environment is required, including a proven ability to work at an intermediate level in Word and Excel.
- Candidate must be able to professionally interact with volunteers, staff, board members and supporters.
- Candidate must complete internship within an eight week period between July 10 and August 31, 2017 and must be available to work 35 hours per week minimum.
- Candidate must have some flexibility on work hours; some evening and weekend work may be required.
- Candidate must submit and clear a criminal background check.
- Candidate must agree to attend all Volunteer Houston/Coca Cola intern seminar events
- Candidate must provide his/her own transportation to/from the Child Advocates office.
- Family members of board and staff at Child Advocates are not eligible to be hired as interns. Family members of Coca Cola and Volunteer Houston are also ineligible.